Terms of Service
Welcome to Radio Boot Camp!
1.1 Description of Services. Radio Boot Camp LLC (“Radio Boot Camp,” “we,” “us,” “our”) provides programming (each, a “Course” and collectively the “Courses”) and related services to you through its website located at https://radiobootcamp.org/ (the “Website”) and through its mobile application and related programs (collectively, such services, including the Courses, the Website, and any new features and applications, the “Service(s)”), subject to the following Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”). By registering for a Course, you confirm that you have read and agree to these Terms of Service.
1.2 Modifications to the Terms of Service. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify portions of these Terms of Service at any time. If we do this, depending on the nature of the change, we will post the changes on this page and indicate at the top of this page the “Date of Last Revision” to these Terms of Service. Any such changes will become effective as of this Date of Last Revision. Your continued use of the Services thereafter constitutes your acceptance of the updated version of the Terms of Service.
2. Access and Conditions of Use
2.1 Personal and Non-Commercial Use. The Radio Boot Camp Courses, and any content made available to you through the Courses and the Services, is being provided solely for your personal and non-commercial use. With your purchase of any Courses or other products from us, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access such content and programming solely for that purpose. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title, or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the Services for public performances. You acknowledge and agree that we may revoke your license at any time in our sole discretion. Upon such revocation, you must promptly destroy all content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Services, as well as copies of such materials, whether made in accordance with these Terms of Service or otherwise.
2.4 Your Conduct and Relationship of other Participants. You understand that the Courses may include question and answer sessions or other participatory elements. You agree to be respectful, polite, and professional to the Radio Boot Camp’s owners, instructors, moderators, and to all other participants in the Courses. You agree not to engage in any activity that incites violence, bullying, threatening, abusing, or self-harming behavior, or which is likely to harass, upset, or embarrass any other person. In addition, you will not promote or engage in discrimination of any kind, or act in any illegal or unethical manner. You understand that if in Radio Boot Camp’s sole opinion, you breach any of the foregoing promises, Radio Boot Camp may immediately terminate your involvement in the Services and you shall not receive any refund.
You understand that Radio Boot Camp does not control the actions of other participants and is not liable under any circumstances for the disclosure of your confidential information or infringement of your intellectual property rights by such other participants. You will exercise caution when deciding to disclose confidential information to other participants, and if you decide to do so it is at your own risk. You understand that Radio Boot Camp has no liability or responsibility in connection with any dispute between you and another participant in the Courses.
2.5 Adult Content. You understand that adult or controversial topics may be discussed and adult or profane language may be used during a Course or otherwise through the Services. You understand that if you are uncomfortable with such content you should not participate in a Course or otherwise interact with the Services, and you will not receive a refund if you subsequently request one based on an offense from the discussion of such topics or use of such language.
2.6 Third Party Links. You understand that Radio Boot Camp may provide, or third parties may provide, links or other access to other websites and resources on the Internet. Radio Boot Camp has no control over such websites and resources and Radio Boot Camp is not responsible for and does not endorse such websites and resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Radio Boot Camp will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, events, goods, or services available on or through any such websites or resources. Any dealings you have with third parties found while participating in the Courses or otherwise interacting with the Services are between me and the third party, and you agree that Radio Boot Camp is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
2.7 No Professional Advice. You understand that the Courses and any information otherwise made available by Radio Boot Camp or any instructor of Radio Boot Camp through the Services is not offered as a substitute for the services of trained professionals in any field, including, but not limited to, the financial or legal fields. You understand and agree that Radio Boot Camp does not offer any tax, financial, or legal advice and none of the information contained in the Courses or otherwise made available through the Services should be confused as such advice.
4. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE COURSES AND INTERACTING WITH THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE COURSES AND ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE BASIS” AND RADIO BOOT CAMP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. RADIO BOOT CAMP MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE COURSES AND SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE FULLY AND SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR DECISIONS, ACTIONS, OR INACTIONS RESULTING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE COURSES AND INTERACTIONS WITH THE SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT RADIO BOOT CAMP DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT ANY PARTICULAR OUTCOME, RESULT, OR SUCCESS FROM THE COURSES, AND RADIO BOOT CAMP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY SUCH GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY.
YOU HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, ACQUIT AND FOREVER DISCHARGE, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AND AGENTS, RADIO BOOT CAMP AND RADIO BOOT CAMP’S EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, INSTRUCTORS, OWNERS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AND PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES FROM EVERY CLAIM, SUIT ACTION, DEMAND, OR RIGHT TO COMPENSATION FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, YOU MAY CLAIM TO HAVE OR THAT YOU MAY HAVE THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE COURSES IN ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO THE COURSES, YOUR INTERACTION WITH THE SERVICES IN ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO THE SERVICES, OR FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, OR STRATEGIES COMMUNICATED THROUGH THE COURSES AND THE SERVICES, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THE COURSES AND THE SERVICES.
YOU AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL RADIO BOOT CAMP NOR OUR EMPLOYEES, INSTRUCTORS, CONTRACTORS, OWNERS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AND PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM YOUR INVOLVEMENT IN THE COURSES AND INTERACTION WITH THE SERVICES. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE PARTICIPATION IN THE COURSES AND INTERACTION WITH THE SERVICES.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF ANOTHER JURISDICTION, YOU WAIVE ANY COMPARABLE STATUTE OR DOCTRINE.
5. Confidentiality and Intellectual Property of Radio Boot Camp. You understand that the tools, processes, strategies, materials, curriculum, recordings, content, and information presented in the Courses or otherwise via the Services (collectively the “Company Material”) are confidential, copyrighted, and proprietary to Radio Boot Camp or to Radio Boot Camp’s instructors and you agree not to record, duplicate, distribute, publish, teach, or train from the Company Material in any manner whatsoever without the express prior written permission of Radio Boot Camp. You agree to return any Company Materials provided to you by Radio Boot Camp or Radio Boot Camp’s instructors upon Radio Boot Camp’s request. You further understand that you may not report on any of the concepts taught in the Courses, including providing a summary or review of the Courses, in any media outlets, blogs, websites, or other publications, without the express prior written permission from Radio Boot Camp.
You acknowledge that the name and logo of Radio Boot Camp are service marks of Radio Boot Camp (collectively the “Company Marks”), and they may not be used by you without Radio Boot Camp’s express prior written permission. You understand that any unauthorized use or distribution of the Company Material or Company Marks by you or your representatives is prohibited and that Radio Boot Camp will pursue legal action and full damages if these terms are violated in order to protect Radio Boot Camp’s rights.
For the avoidance of doubt, as between yourself and Radio Boot Camp, you shall at all times retain ownership in your own intellectual property.
6. Communications and Likeness. You understand that the primary means of communication for the Courses will be through video conferences. You understand that you are solely responsible for maintaining the use of my internet, cellular, and other communication services. You further understand that Radio Boot Camp may use third party technology platforms, such as Zoom, to facilitate and host the Courses. You understand that such technology is not always secure and reliable and you hereby acknowledge and accept the risks involved in the use of these platforms.
By participating in the Courses or otherwise interacting with the Services, you hereby grant to Radio Boot Camp the worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to use your name, and likeness in connection with the Courses (collectively, “Likeness”) for marketing and advertising of the Courses and Radio Boot Camp. You understand and agree that you will not receive compensation for Radio Boot Camp’s use of the Likeness.
For the avoidance of doubt, all rights not expressly granted to Radio Boot Camp herein shall be reserved to you and Radio Boot Camp is not claiming any ownership in and to any content you submit through your participation in the Courses.
7. Cancellation Policy. You may cancel your participation in a Course at any time. Such cancellation must be sent to Radio Boot Camp in writing by email to the following address: email@example.com. Notwithstanding the forgoing, you understand that extensive arrangements and investments are made by Radio Boot Camp while anticipating your participation in a Course. In the case of your cancellation, Radio Boot Camp incurs significant administration hassles, expenses, and loss of business. Given this fact, you shall not be entitled to a refund for any reason if you cancel your participation in a Course.
Radio Boot Camp reserves the right to reschedule any Course. Such rescheduling may occur for a variety of reasons, including low enrollment or the temporary unavailability of a guest instructor. In such a circumstance, Radio Boot Camp will give you as much notice as possible. You understand that Radio Boot Camp will make reasonable efforts to reschedule the Course for a date that is agreeable to participants, but may not be able to accommodate your schedule, and that you will not be entitled to a refund if the Course cannot be rescheduled for a date that is agreeable to you.
Further, Radio Boot Camp also reserves the right to cancel a Course. Such cancellation may occur for a variety of reasons, including low enrollment or the ongoing unavailability of a guest instructor. In such an event, Radio Boot Camp will give you as much notice as possible, and you shall be entitled to a refund of the fee you paid for such Course within ten (10) business days of such cancellation.
8.1 Complete Agreement. You agree that these Terms of Service represent the complete agreement between you and Radio Boot Camp regarding your participation in the Courses and interactions with the Services. You acknowledge that these Terms of Service are subject to change at any time and at the sole discretion of Radio Boot Camp. You agree to visit Radio Boot Camp’s website, and specifically these Terms of Service regularly for updates to these Terms of Service, and that you manifest acceptance of any such changes if you continue to participate in Courses or otherwise continue interacting with the Services in any manner after such changes have been posted.
8.2 Survival.You agree that the provisions regarding No Professional Advice; Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability ; Confidentiality and Intellectual Property of Radio Boot Camp; Communications and Likeness; and Miscellaneous shall survive the expiration of these Terms of Service.
8.3 Governing Law. You agree that these Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without reference to such state’s choice of law principles, except that the interpretation and enforcement of this arbitration provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in New York City before a single arbitrator, in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and Expedited Procedures of the American Arbitration Association in effect at the time, except as provided herein. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties or, if the parties cannot agree, by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by American Arbitration Association. The proceedings relating to the arbitration, the submissions, pleadings, documents, and information provided by the parties in connection with such arbitration, and the findings and decision of the arbitrator, shall be kept confidential, except to the extent necessary to enforce the arbitrator’s decision. Any court with jurisdiction may enforce this clause and enter judgment on any award.
8.4 Severability. You agree that if any of these Terms of Service are found unlawful, void, or for any reasons unenforceable, then that provision will be considered severable from the remaining terms included herein and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.